Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Obama v. Clinton

Tonight, as most people know are the primaries for the states of Texas and Ohio. This is an incredible time in US political history. In my short lifespan there has not been a political debate such as this coming up to a presidential election. More and more young people who once had no interest, are finally showing up to the polls to vote for their particular candidate.

What I find to be so interesting is that even though Obama has won 11 straight states, that were basically uncontested by Senator Clinton, it is still a show of her fortitude and strength to carry on, despite those hardships. I believe that is why many people do vote for Senator Clinton. They feel like she will provide a tough balance in Washington, and not take the nonsense that goes on with the congress and senate. However, I do believe very strongly that Senator Obama has the same power, only his stances on a number of issues, including health care, and the war in Iraq I have an easier time subscribing to, that is why I have voted for him and will vote for him for US president.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

What about Nader? Democrats are the lesser of two evils...